Triangle Education Foundation Chapter Endowment Fund Program
Tax-Deductible way to financially support your chapter
In an effort to address individual chapter needs, the Triangle Education Foundation has developed the Chapter Endowment Fund Program. This program was originally developed by members of local chapters wishing to support the educational and leadership needs of their local chapter. The Chapter Endowment Fund Program is looking to extend this service to all our chapters. The program will give potential donors the opportunity to make a significant gift to the educational programs of your chapter and a charitable tax deduction on your Federal income forms subject to the Federal Tax laws.
Your chapter can now establish its own Chapter Endowment Fund (CEF) with the Triangle Education Foundation. All gifts to the CEF will be held by the Foundation as restricted gifts for the benefit of your chapter for any of the following educational purposes:
- Scholarship grants to members of your chapter.
- Educational grants to cover portions of the registration travel and accommodation expenses of members of your chapter attending leadership conferences of Triangle or another accredited leadership development program.
- Grants for educational resources in your fraternity structure, such as desks, bookcases, books, computers and software in the educational areas and for the construction, renovation, maintenance and equipment of Designated Educational Areas of your chapter home.
- Educational grants to cover portions of the registration, travel and accommodation expenses of members of your chapter attending professional society meetings and education events.
- Educational grants to underwrite portions of your chapter’s Leadership Advantage session.
- Educational grants to cover portions of the registration, travel, accommodations, supplies and equipment for academic competitions in which the chapter is participating.
Assets held by your CEF within the Foundation an individual account must reach $25,000 in principal balance within three years from the date a fund agreement is executed.
This exciting program provides opportunities to fund the educational purposes of your chapter and the educational and leadership needs of its undergraduate brothers. The Foundation Directors and staff look forward to hearing from you.
Triangle Chapters with Chapter Endowment Funds
- Colorado State
- Iowa State
- Kansas State
- Michigan State
- Michigan Tech
- Ohio State
- Penn State
- South Dakota Mines
For information on how to contribute to your chapter’s CEF or how to start a CEF for your chapter, please contact Foundation Vice President, Aaron Girson at email@example.com or call (317)203-4510.
Triangle Education Foundation Chapter Endowment Fund Program FAQ’s
Download our FAQ PDF here
Triangle Education Foundation Chapter Endowment Fund Use Idea Sheet
Download our informational PDF here